Living Aligned With God’s Design
No one intends to mess up their life!
Decision sets a direction that trumps my Intention.
- Sluggard can mean “causing little or no Pain.”
- Consider is “to look intently, to inspect.”
- Acts without being Forced To by another.
- Acts today in light of the future they Desire.
Wise people make decisions that are time dimensioned:
- In light of my Past experience what is the wise thing to do?
- In light of my Present circumstances what is the wise thing to do?
- In light of my Future hopes and dreams what is the wise thing to do?
- In light of my Eternal life what is the wise thing to do?
Observations from the Ant Hill
- My Decisions/Actions are more important than my Declarations/Intentions
Decision sets a direction that leads to a Destination.
- Consistent Deposits over time make a huge difference in my life for the positive or the negative
Small Smart Choices + Consistency + Time = A Radical Difference
- The consequences of my choices are often not Immediately Evident
My choices can be Tension Relieving or Goal Achieving
- In the crucial areas of my life I cannot make up for Lost Time
“You may delay, but time will not.” Benjamin Franklin
- The Community I connect with will greatly influence my decisions, direction, and destination
“Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.” (1 Corinthians 15:33, ESV)
For better or worse, our destiny is determined by our Defining decisions and our Daily decisions.
Making It Personal
- Have I genuinely aligned my life with God’s design through repenting of my sin and placing my faith in Christ alone as the forgiver of my sin and the leader and Lord of my life?
Reflect on the following aspects of your life: mental, physical, financial, relational, spiritual. Ask the Holy Spirit to use the three questions below to help guide your reflection:
- What do my daily decisions tell me about my direction and the destination I am heading toward?
- Are there discrepancies between what I desire in my life and what I am doing with my life?
- Is there alignment between my intentions and my direction?
- Who can I share these truths with?
Ready to take your Next Step?
- Text Next to 803-637-8484
- Go to FBCFM.COM and click “Next Steps”
other sermons in this series