Jesus: The Center of It All
The Gospel Story
Jesus: The Center Of It All
The Bible has one central story: God’s plan to rescue His people from sin through the life, death, and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ.
Jesus, then, is not part of the Bible story, but the point of every story in the Bible—from Genesis to Revelation.
False teaching and thinking about Jesus doesn’t seek to deny Him, but to dethrone Him. It will allow Jesus to be prominent, but not preeminent!
How To Live With Jesus In His Rightful Place In Our Lives
- Thank Him For My Salvation (13-14)
4 Thanksgivings That Transform Our Lives
- He Rescued
- He Transferred
- He Redeemed
- He has Forgiven
- Believe The Truth About Him (15-20)
As soon as you start believing a lie about Jesus Christ, you start stealing away first place!
- He is God
- He is Firstborn
- He is Creator
- He is Owner
- He is Sustainer
- He is Head of His Body – The Church
- He is the Beginning of His Church
- He is Our Hope
We know we’ve recognized the truth about Jesus when it changes our Lives
In order to live in commitment to the truth about Jesus we all must recognize and refuse the temptation to Lessen Him.
- 3. Trust Him For My Future (21-23)
Paul uses three striking words to describe our condition prior to the cross
- Evil Behavior
Then he uses three words/phrases to express our condition after the cross:
- Without Blemish
- Free From Accusation
Appropriate Responses To The Greatness of Christ
- Worship Him
- Receive Him
- Follow Him
- Trust Him
Jesus was, is, and will be the center of God’s story. We must therefore align both our thinking and our lives around Jesus in order to find our place in that story.
Making It Personal:
- In order to live in commitment to the truth about Jesus we all must recognize and refuse the temptation to lessen Him. How does the culture around you or the culture that you grew up in tend to “lessen” Jesus? How will you feed your mind the truth about who Jesus truly is and what He has uniquely done?
- Have you personally turned from your sin, trusted in Christ’s provision through the cross and surrendered your life to His rule and reign?
- How are you expressing your worship in recognition of and response to the greatness of Jesus Christ?
- Where in your life are you finding it challenging to trust in the greatness of Jesus Christ and God’s provision for your life?
- Where in your life is Christ calling you to follow Him that does not make any sense apart from recognizing and responding to the greatness of Jesus Christ?
- Who can you share these truths with?
Ready to take your Next Step?
- Text Next to 803-637-8484
- Go to FBCFM.COM and click “Next Steps”
other sermons in this series