Our Stephen Ministry exists to glorify God by equipping God’s people to share Christ’s love through one-to-one distinctly Christian care to individuals who are experiencing life’s challenges and difficulties.
“Bear one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
A Stephen Minister is. . .
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages
- Someone who will “be there” for his or her care receiver; meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there’s a need
Check out this video about one person's experience with Stephen Ministry!
Stephen Ministers Care for People Facing Tough Times
We all experience challenges in life – times when we could benefit from the support of a caring Christian friend. Stephen Ministers are ready to provide the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty such as:
- Loss of a loved one
- Divorce or separation
- Loneliness or discouragement
- Spiritual crisis
- Unemployment or job crisis
- A terminal illness
- Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
- A chronic illness
- Recovery after an accident or disaster
- And many more
If you would like to speak with a Stephen Leader or request more information about Stephen Ministry at FBC, please email Jerry Lape. Log on to www.stephenministries.org for information about the organization.
Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry. The identity of those receiving care and what takes place in each caring relationship remain private.