God Knows What He's About
March 27, 2022 Speaker: Jeff Bedwell Series: The Gospel Story
Passage: Exodus 13–15
The Gospel Story
God Knows What He’s About
A life walking with God is a journey toward fulfillment and joy, but not everything along the way is pleasant.
Along The Way to the Promised Land,
The Hebrew People Faced:
- The Discipline of a Detour (13:17-18)
You can get there too Fast
God’s Delays are not God’s Denials
God is not in a Hurry
God’s plan for us is a Relationship not a road map (13:21-22)
The most important question is not where you are at this moment; but is there anything Between you and God?
- The Dilemma of a Dead End (14:10-12)
When you are following God, not everyone will Understand
F – False
E – Evidence
A – Appearing
R – Real
They were not there by Accident, but by God’s design (14:1-4)
“There is no panic in heaven, only plans.” Corrie Ten Boom
There are no emergency meetings of the Trinity!
A fearful situation calls for a Reality Check (14:13-14)
“If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31)
If you can see The Pillar don’t Panic
What appears to be a dead end is not The End when God is with you! (14:15-16, 21-31)
- The Disappointment of a Dry Hole (15:22-25)
This was not Punishment, this was Providence
God was Testing Them (25)
Notice the reaction of the people: Grumbling (24)
Grumbling is rooted in Unbelief
Could it be that God used the Bitterness of the water to reveal the Bitterness in their hearts?
Did God bring them through the Red Sea to die of thirst?
Did God save you to abandon you?
“He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?” (Romans 8:32)
“And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)
Notice God’s Gracious Provision:
- God transformed the bitter waters into sweet (25)
- God led them to a place of abundance (27)
When faced with a detour, dead end, or dry hole:
- Don’t Panic
- Don’t Grumble
- Cry Out to God in faith
- Walk in Obedience even if you don’t fully understand
- Hang On trusting in God’s perfect timing and provision
God’s Knows What He’s About!
Making It Personal:
- Where in your life right now are you finding it difficult to trust that God knows what He’s about?
- Where in your life do you need to trust in God’s power to do in you and through you what you cannot do on your own?
- Where in your life are you finding it difficult to trust in God’s love? What can you do to remind yourself and reflect on the love of God for you?
- Is today the day for you to turn from self-rule and self-righteousness and trust in Jesus Christ to be the forgiver of your sin and the leader of your life?
- What is your next step of obedience to God today?
Ready to take your Next Step?
- See Pastor Jeff after the service today
- Fill out a Connect Card and drop it in the offering box
- Text Next to 803-637-8484
- Go to FBCFM.COM and click “Next Steps”
More in The Gospel Story
May 14, 2023Failing Forward
May 7, 2023Boasting in Christ
April 30, 2023Breaking Down Walls