(You can view our special 2020 Graduate recognition video here.)
Sermon: Fear in Uncertain Times
Scripture: Joshua 1:1-9
- God always delivers on his promises. (Joshua 1:2-4)
"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped fro, the conviction of things not seen, For by it the people of old received their commendation." (Hebrews 11:1-2)
- I can trust in God in uncertainty knowing God is with me on the journey. (Joshua 1:5-6)
- God has given us His word to guide us. (Joshua 1:7-8)
"The focus of peoples endeavours is not to be prosperity and success but rather holiness and obedience." David Howard Jr.
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalms 119:105
"Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that his divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence."
2 Peter 1:2-3
"Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:16-20
Making it Personal
- God can be trusted wherever you are going in life next, to college, to work, to the military. God can be trusted.
- God is with us wherevver we go.
- God has given us His Word to guide our path.
- The destination is not as important as that God is with you.
- We can worship God even when all looks scary, even when it looks like the world is caving in around us.