Prepared for God's Dream
Passage: Genesis 37–50
Living God’s Dream For My Life
Prepared For God’s Dream
“God is looking for people through whom He can do the impossible…What a pity that we plan only the things we can do by ourselves.” A.W.Tozer
God knows how to Prepare us for what He is preparing for us!
God’s Preparation Process
- Receiving The Dream (37)
Three Reactions To A Dream:
- Joseph - Shared the dream
- Jacob - Rebuked the dream
- Brothers - Hated the dreamer
- Testing The Dream
- The test of Denial
- The test of Doubt
- The test of Destruction
Tests provide answers: Whose dream is it really?
- God’s Word
Joseph’s Location developed his Capacity
Joseph’s Lowliness developed his Character
Before God Honors He Humbles
“The fear of the Lord is instruction in wisdom, and humility comes before honor.” (Proverbs 15:33)
God’s humbling of a person is not necessarily a reflection on their past as much as it is a requirement for their future!
- Waiting For The Dream (39)
Live The Dream
- Lead in slaves clothing
- Work in Egypt
- Succeed in Potiphar’s house
- Resist The Temptation
- Stay busy in the master’s business
- Tell the temptation the truth
- Consider the consequences
- Survive The Setbacks
Two Key Truths:
- The Lord was with Joseph
- As a slave (39:1-2)
- As a prisoner (39:21, 23)
- Joseph was with the Lord
You will never find a place where the Lord will not be with you!
You will never discover a place where faithfulness is impossible!
What would someone in my circumstances do who was absolutely convinced that God was with them?
Making It Personal:
- Are you surrendering your life to live for God’s dream or are you settling for what you think is best or what you think you can do?
- Have you ever found yourself in a season of testing the dream? How did you respond? How can you better respond the next time a season of testing comes around?
- Have you ever found yourself in a season of waiting for the dream? How did you respond? How can you better respond the next time a season of waiting comes around?
- What would someone in your circumstances do who was absolutely convinced that God was with them?
- Who can I share these truths with?