Be Ready To Stand
Passage: Esther 2:5–2:18
Stand Up: Letting God Use You: Be Ready To Stand: Esther 2:5-18
A Challenging Book With A Challenging Example:
- God is not mentioned in this book
- The treatment of women
- Esther: Unwillingly victimized by an unbearable situation, by God’s grace, she stood up and made a difference!
God’s Invisible Providence/Sovereignty
“Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!” (Romans 11:33)
“At the end of the days I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High, and praised and honored him who lives forever, for his dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom endures from generation to generation; all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and he does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, “What have you done?” (Daniel 4:34–35)
“He is there and He is not silent.” Francis Schaeffer
The Story Begins
- The King (1:1)
- The Banquets (1:2-9)
- The queen’s refusal and Banishment (1:10-22)
- The Plan for a new queen (2:1-4)
God Moves In Mysterious Ways and
In Mundane Days
- God Places us in the right places, at the right times for His purposes (5-8)
- God Knows right where you are
- God’s Timing is rarely the same as our timing
- God Connects us with other people for His purposes (9-11, 15)
- God can grant us Favor with people – Be Grateful
- God can give us Opportunity through people – Be Open
- God can Guide us through people – Be Teachable
- God may Entrust us with positions of power and influence for His purposes (15-18)
- God is not Limited by the things that we think limit us
- Power and influence are Tools to be used for God’s purposes
“Leadership is a stewardship. It’s temporary and you’re accountable.” Andy Stanley
Some Important Reminders
- Even in tumultuous Circumstances, God is at work
- God is at work whether I See It Or Not
- God is at work in the Ordinary as well as the Extraordinary
God Moves In Mysterious Ways and In Mundane Days
Making It Personal
- Where am I struggling to really believe that God is in control and at work in my life right now?
- Which of the truths above do I most need to focus on currently in my life?
- What difference will it make in my attitude and approach to life when I truly believe that God is in control and at work?
- Who can I share these truths with?