Sharing My Hope
Passage: 1 Peter 3:13–3:18
Living God’s Way:
Sharing My Hope:
1 Peter 3:13-18:
The number one reason that more Christians do not share their faith is Fear (13-14)
How to Move Beyond Our Fears
To Share Jesus
- Through A Personal Experience With Jesus (15a)
- A Settled Experience
- A Continuous Experience
- An Obvious Experience
What are you doing to nurture and develop your personal experience with Jesus Christ?
- Through A Personal Communication Of Our Story (15b)
- A Preparation
- A Witness
- An Approach
How are you preparing to seize those split-second opportunities to tell someone your story?
- Through A Personal Walk Of Integrity (16-17)
“Then the high officials and the satraps sought to find a ground for complaint against Daniel with regard to the kingdom, but they could find no ground for complaint or any fault, because he was faithful, and no error or fault was found in him. Then these men said, “We shall not find any ground for complaint against this Daniel unless we find it in connection with the law of his God.” (Daniel 6:4–5)
A Good Conscience Gives Us:
“The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion.” (Proverbs 28:1)
What are you doing to continually safeguard your integrity and keep your ethical compass calibrated toward God?
- Through A Powerful Explanation Of Jesus (18)
- The Problem
- The Provision
- The Purpose
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1:16)
“And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.” (1 Corinthians 2:1–5)
Are your prepared to share the basic gospel message in a clear and concise way? How can you better prepare for the opportunities that God presents to you?
A Personal Faith Sharing Strategy
- Invest and Invite
- Tell (My Story and God’s Story)
“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him.” (John 6:44)
“One who heard us was a woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple goods, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to pay attention to what was said by Paul.” (Acts 16:14)
Making It Personal
- Do I personally know the hope that only comes from a relationship with Jesus Christ?
- Review the four questions from the outline above related to moving beyond our fears. What would God have you to do in response to these questions?
- What is your personal strategy for sharing your faith with others? What will you do this week to better live out this strategy?
- Who can I share these truths with?