March 8, 2015 Speaker: Jeff Bedwell
Passage: Colossians 4:2–4:6
Every follower of Jesus Christ is called to be an everyday missionary!
And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” (Matthew 4:19)
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19–20)
Everyday missionaries are those who practice life on mission with God wherever God has placed them.
Our role as an everyday missionary is to:
- Introduce people to Jesus
- Actively be a part of their journey to become more like Jesus
- Equip them to repeat this process in the lives of others
Being an everyday missionary is not about adding something else to our already overcrowded schedules. It is about interjecting gospel intentionality into our everyday routines.
A Starting Place Toward Becoming an Everyday Missionary:
1. Pray: The 3 Open Prayer
- An Open Door
“for a wide door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.” (1 Corinthians 16:9)
- An Open Heart
“One who heard us was a woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple goods, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to pay attention to what was said by Paul.” (Acts 16:14)
- An Open Mouth
“Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel,” (Ephesians 6:18–19)
2. Share: The 3 Circles Life Conversation Guide
The 28 Day Challenge:
- Every day, pray the 3 open prayer for yourself and for others.
- At least once between now and Easter Sunday, seek to share your faith using your personal story/testimony, the 3 Circle Conversation Guide or some other tool.
- Renew your focus on living as an everyday missionary by working through the 14 day devotional study, Nobodies For Jesus 14 Days Toward A Great Commission Lifestyle.