Interested in Volunteering
Children's Ministry always has open spots for volunteers!! That's the nature of this ministry and ministering to so many kids & their families. We'd love for you to check us out and see if this is where God is leading you to serve. Here's how to get started:
1. Plan to attend the next CHILDREN'S MINISTRY VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION. That one-time session is offered each month on the 4th Sunday at 11:00. No reservations are required. Watch the worship folder for details and reminders about the next Orientation Session.
2. Contact Amanda Dean (insert email) to request a Children's Ministry Volunteer Application Packet. You can get started on the paperwork, including a Background Check, even before you attend the Orientation.
3. For other details and questions, contact Joy Canupp (insert email). She loves to spend time chatting with folks who are seeking their right place of service. Whether it ends up being in Children's Ministry or not, she can help figure out next steps to take in the process!
Requirements for Serving with FBC Kids
1. Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be baptized by immersion as a symbol of your faith.
2. Attend FBC’s Welcome to the Family Class.
3. Attend a weekly worship service in addition to serving in ministry. Being part of a Life Group is strongly encouraged, as well.
4. Complete the Children’s Ministry Volunteer Application Packet
5. Attend and FBC Children’s Ministry Volunteer Orientation.
6. Be prepared. Arrive 20 minutes early. Have FUN!!
Children's Ministry Handbook
Need Ideas, Encouragement, & Helpful Hints?
A Kids Heart: An online playground/learning center with games and activities, coloring pages, free clip art, screen savers, and other resources for kids, teachers, and parents.
Insight for Living with Chuck Swindoll
Family Life Today with Dennis Rainey
Children's Ministry Today: Since 1995, Children’s Ministry Today has led the way for Children's Ministry on the Internet, providing training, resources, networking, monthly newsletters, and counseling for children’s pastors/leaders.